Vega technical data
- Typical length: 29.9 m.
- Typical diameter: 3.025 m.
- Typical liftoff mass: 137 tons
- Payload capacity: 1,500 kg. into a 700-km. circular polar orbit
- Industrial prime contractor: ELV S.p.A.
Vega > Industrial team
Arianespace benefits from a simplified procurement organization for its family of Vega, Soyuz and Ariane 5 launchers, and relies on a prime contractor for each vehicle.
For Vega, the industrial prime contractor is ELV S.p.A. – a Colleferro, Italy-based company created in December 2000 to manage the launch vehicle’s development and production. ELV S.p.A. is jointly owned by Avio and the Italian Space Agency (ASI), with 70 and 30 percent shareholdings, respectively. The shareholders’ extensive experience in the field of solid propulsion includes the supply of boosters for Ariane-3, Ariane-4 and Ariane-5 launchers.
As the Vega’s industrial prime contractor, ELV is in charge of acceptance of the launcher's components and their integration in French Guiana. As the launcher design authority, the company also participates in final preparations and launch operations, alongside the Arianespace mission teams.
1. RUAG Space
2. EADS CASA
9. Thales, INSNEC, Galileo Avionica, CRISA, RUAG Space, SAFT
10. EADS CASA
11. KB Yuzhnove
13. Oerlikon Contraves Italia (O.C.I)
14. Dutch Space
16. Stork Product Engineering
19. SNECMA Propulsion Solid