Vega technical data
- Typical length: 29.9 m.
- Typical diameter: 3.025 m.
- Typical liftoff mass: 137 tons
- Payload capacity: 1,500 kg. into a 700-km. circular polar orbit
- Industrial prime contractor: ELV S.p.A.
Vega > Vega User's Manual
The Vega User’s Manual provides a detailed overview of this light-lift launcher, which is operated by Arianespace from the Spaceport in French Guiana alongside its medium-lift Soyuz and heavyweight Ariane 5 vehicles.
As the latest member of the company’s launch vehicle family, Vega offers a launch solution for small- to medium-sized spacecraft for missions to Sun-synchronous and low-Earth orbits. Its inaugural mission was performed in 2012.
This edition of the Vega User’s Manual, updated in April 2014, contains the essential information necessary to:
- Assess compatibility of spacecraft and their missions with the Vega launch system;
- Constitute the general launch service provisions and specifications; and
- Initiate the preparation of all technical and operational documentation related to the launch of spacecraft on Vega.
- Download the Vega User's Manual (Issue 4, Revision 0 - April 2014) [.pdf file. 11.02 MB]