Ariane 5 > Performance
Ariane 5 offers the commercial marketplace’s greatest lift capacity, meeting operational needs of customers today and tomorrow:
- 10 metric tons delivered to geostationary transfer orbit (GTO), and up to 20 metric tons in low-Earth orbit (LEO).
- High accuracy to all orbits: dual launch for GTO and GTO+; dispensers for medium-Earth orbit (MEO) and LEO constellation spacecraft; Earth-escape trajectories for interplanetary flights, and servicing missions to the International Space Station.
- Its 5-meter-diameter payload fairing accommodates the largest satellite platforms now in production and those envisioned for the future.
- Service-proven in commercial missions since 1999; supported by a state-of-the art infrastructure at the Guiana Space Center.
- Ariane 5 benefits from the heritage of Ariane 4, which set the standard for reliability, accuracy and performance during its 15-year operational career.